Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First & Second Day in Neurosurgery


Whether it’s my luck or not, I am still not sure as to how should I be feeling. I am allocated in the NICU ward of NNI, Singapore for the first week posting. Being a medical student with negligible knowledge about neurosurgery, I think I am starting to adapt to the orientation of the ward. Well, I can’t say it’s 100% but at least 40% which is still satisfactory for me but it may not be for the consultant there..Haha


Well, maybe I should consider it my luck as the consultant, Dr 100% seldom teach but she was teaching because of the new junior MO that just started their new posting there. Therefore, I am granted a chance to learn from her. Why Dr 100%? This is because she expects every MO in the ward to manage the patient from head to toe and as a human.

I agreed with her saying that “No one would like their parent to be treated by a doctor with 5/10 qualification” Neither one of us would like to be treated by someone who might endanger their life.

No comments: